Integration of user monitoring capabilities for Ride & Comfort applications
Master’s Thesis (TFM)
MONDRAGON GOI ESKOLA POLITEKNIKOA
Automotive Intelligence Center
The aim of the project was to equip the AIC driving platform with the hardware and software resources needed to perform user monitoring functions (open source or self-development) in parallel with the vehicle model. The challenge had 3 different phases :
- Study of the equipment required to carry out this type of control.
- Hardware installation and development/integration of user monitoring functions.
- Synchronisation of the functions implemented with the vehicle model of the platform.
The main objectives of the project were to:
- Define the equipment necessary to carry out user monitoring studies (cameras, software, etc.).
- Develop relevant eye-tracking, face-monitoring, and brain-monitoring functions.
- Implement a user monitoring system integrated with the vehicle model that controls the platform.
- Establish platform intervention protocols based on monitoring results.